Image: Josh Springfield Photography
Brisbane Roar ranks among Australia’s most successful football clubs.
With three A-League and two W-League championships, a National Youth League title and a rich history dating back to 1957, the Club has established itself as one of the most compelling sporting institutions in the country.
The BRFC Academy seeks to fortify and build on these foundations by producing a pipeline of homegrown, Queensland players who go on to represent our senior sides with pride.
The BRFC Academy complies with all the requirements of Football Australia Level 2 Academy and has ambitions to become accredited at Level 3 in the future.
To play with style and strive for excellence in everything we do on and off the field.
Being successful by playing our Brisbane Roar Way and building foundations for our academy players to develop and grow in our environment.
Our ultimate goal is to do this by developing and creating our own players from our program where they have been influenced in our style, philosophy, work ethic, culture, history of our past and what we stand for as a club.
The following exciting opportunities exist for appropriately experienced and accredited coaches to join our Level 2 academy as accredited by Football Australia.
• U13 Head Coach / U13 Assistant Coach
• U14 Head Coach / U14 Assistant Coach
• U15 Head Coach / U15 Assistant Coach
• U16 Head Coach / U16 Assistant Coach
The objective for successful candidates is to develop and produce talented players through our program who have been influenced in our playing style, philosophy, work ethic, culture, history and values as a club.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic coaches who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in coaching players at development level
- Understanding and implementation of the Game Training model
- Understanding of supporting systems required by a Level 2 Academy
- Implementation of the six-week cycle
- Planning and designing training sessions to comply with the team model
- Demonstrated coaching style to encourage youth development
- Knowledge of youth strength and conditioning principles
- Attend training four nights per week
- Attend all games
- Collaborate, interact with and learn from other coaches and performance support staff to assist personal and professional development
- Support player-centred approach to individual players
- Provide ongoing improvement, monitoring and evaluation of player performances
- Identify and support recruitment of potential BRFC Academy players
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Head Coach positions to hold a current Football Australia ‘A’ or ‘B’ Licence
- Assistant Coach positions hold a current ‘C’ Licence with the ability to upgrade to a ‘B’ Licence within the season
- Current blue card
To apply, please submit the following via email to [email protected] by no later than 5:00pm on Friday, 3 September:
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae
• An application letter (maximum one page) explaining why you are the most suitable person for the position
• An analysis of a football problem accompanied by a Session Plan comprising the 4 planning components (interview process will include a practical session)
• Please include three referees who have knowledge of your experiences as well as your professional conduct
• Please specify whether you are applying for a Head Coach or Assistant Coach role
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
These will take place after the application window closes on 3 September.